Are you ready to help school-aged children in Marin?
It is time then for some summer homework. We would like to ask you to continue to show your appreciation for the work we do by supporting one of our most popular seasonal projects, our Back to School program.
Each year, your contributions help make our Back to School program a great success. Our goal is to send over 160 children in San Rafael back to school with all the tools they need to succeed and thrive academically.
Did you know?
- In 2014, the Marin County Office of Education reported 1,174 students as homeless or precariously housed
- More than a quarter of students in Marin qualify for free or reduced meals at school?
- 30% of children live in households that have a family income insufficient to meet basic needs?
- More than 40% of families spend over 30% of their monthly income on housing
How can you help?
There are a few ways for you to support our Back to School program:
The following is a list of school supplies that can be donated for our Back to School program. You can drop them off Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm through August 11th at 16 Ritter street in San Rafael.
- New backpacks
- Binders (small/large) and binder paper
- Tabbed dividers and zip pouches
- Pencils (#2/colored), pens, and erasers
- Glue sticks and index cards
- Rulers, staplers, and small scissors
- Markers, crayons, and highlighters
- Pocket folders and spiral one-subject notebooks
- Calculators (especially scientific/graphing calculators)
You can also shop for school supplies from our online wish list.
And you can sponsor a student by making an online donation.